Administrative Assistant to the President and Finance & Budget Director
2008-2009 President and F&B Director Assistant: Tim Harris
TITLE: Administrative Assistant to the President and Finance & Budget Director
CATEGORY: ASUW Main Office
TERM: 34 Weeks
HOURS: Up to 15 Hours/Week
Assist the ASUW President/F&B Director with everyday duties of the position. Represent the ASUW President when so authorized.
1. Assist the ASUW President/F&B Director in day-to-day operations.
2. Research special topics as assigned.
3. Organize special events as assigned.
4. Represent the ASUW President/F&B Director when so Authorized.
5. Be able to attend all necessary ASUW meeting when so directed by the President.
6. Keep ASUW President’s/F&B Director’s files up-to-date and organized.
7. Be knowledgeable on any presidential issues regarding the committees sat on the President if need for proxy arrives.
8. Assist the President/F&B Director when preparation of any quarterly reports and with the annual budget for the budget allocation.
9. Meet with the President/F&B Director on a regular basis so as to communicate on the most effective level.
10. Prepare the agenda for the Finance & Budget, Special Appropriations, and any other assigned committee meetings and distribute no less than 24 hours prior to scheduled meeting time.
11. Attend the assigned committee meeting and keep minutes of each meeting and record attendance. Following meetings, prepare minutes for review and approval by the committee. Distribute draft and approve copies of minutes, including any and all attachments.
12. Maintain a file of all approved committee meeting agendas and minutes, including any and all attachments from each meeting. This file should be kept current so it can be a reference and resource station for the ASUW.
13. Report to President/F&B Director with an adequate substitute if unable to attend a committee meeting.
14. Ensure completion and quality of work done, ensure that all phone calls, requests and questions are addressed properly.
15. Review and adhere to conditions of employment as stated in the Student Employment Handbooks, ASUW Personnel Policy and signed ASUW Memorandum of Understanding.
16. Attend ASUW mandatory training session, including but not limited to the ASUW Fall Orientation.
17. Maintain and inform ASUW Personnel Director and SAO of office hours.
18. Inform ASUW Personnel Director and SAO Adviser of missed office hours.
19. Complete quarterly goals and evaluations as arranged by the ASUW Personnel Director.
20. Serve as a member of the ASUW Personnel Hiring Committee in the Spring to hire the new Administrative Assistant to the President and Finance & Budget Director (if not applying for that position), to ensure continuity.
1. Able to work independently and with supervision.
2. Experience with computers and skills with MS Office preferred.
3. Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.
4. Record keeping and filing experience.
5. Knowledge of office processes and machines; prior office work experience preferred.
6. Knowledge of ASUW.
7. Ability to function in a professional and polite manner in dealing with ASUW clientele, BOD members, Executive Board, UW Departments, administrators, and the general public.
8. Must be a UW Student enrolled in at least 6 credits for undergraduates, 4 for graduates, or on leave as defined by Executive Order 50.