From ASUW Wiki
Goals for 2009-2010
- Work with the ASUW commissions to create a new community gateway program for diversity efforts on campus.
- Encourage broad participation in diversity affairs by supporting university efforts to recruit and retain a diverse student body, recommending retention activities, and working with the academic deans on retention strategies.
- Develop sustainable partnerships with community organizations, and government agencies to create programs that provide networking and communication avenues for student recruitment and collaborations in support of diversity.
- Communicate effectively with the ASUW Vice President to recruit diverse individuals for ASUW volunteer positions.
- Host commission forums to discuss and propel student involvement in various projects on campus.
- Develop innovative student and employee activities that promote diversity. Plan and direct a Diversity Fair to celebrate and explore one of UW’s most beautiful aspects of diversity.