- Student Senate Vice Chair
- All students appointed as ASUW representatives to University committees, faculty councils, and community committees
- One BOD member, who shall act as Chair
- A representative of the Graduate and Professional Student Senate
- A representative of the SAO
Under the ASUW Constitution, the Governance Commmittee's role is defined as follows:
- 1. Write and propose an annual ASUW University Agenda to be passed by both the Student Senate and the Board of Directors (BOD). The ASUW University Agenda serves as a directive for ASUW representatives to University committees, faculty councils, and community committees.
- a. The ASUW University Agenda most recently approved by both the Student Senate and the BOD will be active until both the Student Senate and the BOD approve a new ASUW University Agenda.
- 2. Make recommendations to the Student Senate and BOD on current issues in external committees affecting students.
- 3. Coordinate the advocacy efforts of ASUW representatives on University committees, faculty councils, and community committees.
- 4. Governance Committee members shall submit regular reports to Chair detailing the activities of the committee on which they serve. These reports shall be submitted for review by the Chair and the general public via the Governance Blog. Governance members shall submit one report for each committee meeting attended.
- 5. Complete other projects as delegated by the BOD.
No action or agenda at a Governance Committee general meeting shall be considered valid unless at least one-fourth of the current voting members are present at the meeting. Positions currently vacant will not count against quorum.