:Generating a UWCA SSL Certificate
From ASUW Wiki
(Difference between revisions)
m (Generating a UWCA SSL Certificate moved to Asuw:Generating a UWCA SSL Certificate: Wrong Namespace)
Latest revision as of 13:29, 7 June 2007
In order to generate a UWCA SSL Certificate follow the guide below.
- Go to http://certs.cac.washington.edu/.
- Click on Request a new certificate.
- Click I understand after making sure that you do, in fact, understand.
- Enter the domain name you wish to create a certificate for, Continue.
- Check the box for SSL Web server certificate and fill in the number of University users and external users.
- Fill in some details of why you need this certificate, what you plan on doing with it, etc. Continue.
- Click the button under Unix... labeled PEM method.
- Follow the procedure listed making sure to set the following values correctly.
- Country Name: US
- State or Province Name: Washington
- Locality Name: Seattle
- Organization: Associated Students of the University of Washington
- Organizational Unit: Leave Blank
- Common Name: The server address Example: www.asuw.org
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A challenge password: Leave Blank
- An optional company name: Leave Blank
- Open the request file and copy the text, all the text including the lines with BEGIN/END CERTIFICATE REQUEST, into your clipboard.
- Paste that text back into the box on the website.
- Click Submit request.