Bryan Dosono, 2009-2010
From ASUW Wiki
Revision as of 22:32, 5 July 2009 by Ealeaziz
Goals for 2009-2010
- Awareness: I plan to increase student representation by focusing on unfilled living group senate seats (Commuters, Residence Halls, IFC/Panhellenic) through means of effective advertising and recruitment. In addition to setting up Dawg Daze events (which are ideal for incoming freshman) and personal campus tabling, informing the ASUW student body with current Senate events through the Senate website, the ASUW Dawg Dish Newsletter, and other electronic mediums is also an important task that needs be improved.
- Retention: By working closely with the Senate Leadership, I will formulate and execute retention strategies and increase voting attendance. Working closely with the directors of the ASUW Ambassadors and Husky Mentors will also increase the transparency of the student opinion in the Senate to incoming freshman. I will also facilitate forums with guest speakers and encourage open communication, diverse opinions, and free dialogue in these meetings.
- Outreach: Because the ASUW Senate is an umbrella association of student opinion, I feel that more Registered Student Organizations need to have their own Senate Seat. I will work relentlessly next year with students and their respective constituencies to explain the simple process of applying for a seat. I envision a minimum 20% increase in more RSO Seats for next year. This will truly make Senate a more diverse and transparent entity.
- Effectivity: I will work closely with the other Senate Officers to promote the Senate through t-shirts, name tags, buttons, and business cards. These promotional items can bring in students who want to get more involved with ASUW. Internally within the Senate, I have noticed that many of the current placards are tattered, bent, torn, or missing! I will implement new, custom placards (via laminated cardstock, thick foam board, etc.) for Senators to use.
- Atmosphere: Through organizing fun Senate bonding activities (i.e. bowling, movies, tabling, etc.), I will strive to promote an enthusiastic, warm, and safe environment to make Senate a more personal community. Furthermore, I will serve as a friendly, approachable, and valuable resource for new and incoming senators to ensure that they understand the basic process of how the meetings function.