Director of Policies and Procedures
convert: unable to open file `/var/www/wiki/images/8/84/Ehsan.png' @ error/png.c/ReadPNGImage/3244.
convert: missing an image filename `/tmp/transform_49e19e9-1.png' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3011.
The Director of Operations is possibly the most internally focused position on the Board of Directors because the position deals with internal controls that are meant to improve the equality, longevity, efficiency and effectiveness of the Association. A main role of the Director of Operations is as the parliamentarian for the Association which understands and knows all of the different rules by which the Association operates. The rules by which ASUW operates include the ASUW Constitution, ASUW Bylaws, Sturgis Standard Code of Parliamentary Procedure, Washington Administrative Code, and the Revised Code of Washington.
To Visit Luke's Blog Go To: http://asuwbdop.blogspot.com/
The Director of Operations also acts as the chair of the Judicial Committee. The chair helps to prepare the agenda for each meeting and is the main contact by which submissions to the Judicial Committee are made.
The ASUW Director of Operations is one of six at-large members of the Board of Directors. The primary responsibility of the Director is to Chair Judicial Committee. Other responsibilities include record keeping.
- Go to Legislative Steering Committee, answer all questions on process.
- Work on Elections Policy and Procedures
Winter Quarter: submit all constitutional amendments and all serious ASUW Bylaws changes.
Spring quarter: pray for a clean elections cycle. Mix accordingly.
Pray no one wants to overhaul something that operates just fine.
BYLAWS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
ARTICLE I, SECTION V
1. The Director of Operations, who shall:
- a. Chair the Judicial Committee;
- b. Serve as the non-voting BOD liaison to the Elections Administration Committee;
- c. Serve as the BOD liaison to the Special Appropriations Committee;
- d. Serve as a BOD liaison to the Legislative Steering Committee and Resolution Conference with vote;
- e. Be responsible for ASUW compliance with record-keeping guidelines as delineated in Article VIII;
- f. Be a resource for the Board of Directors in drafting legislation;
- g. Work with the Administrative Assistants to ensure a productive and organized working environment;
- h. Create, maintain and update relevant sections of the ASUW Wiki interface and work with both predecessor and successor to ensure long term progress.
- i. Ensure quarterly reports are submitted by all entities and employees in compliance with association bylaws in a timely manner.
- j. Communicate regularly with Student Senate and the Office of Governmental Relations.
- k. Responsible for advising and being a resource on policy and procedure.
- l. Work with SAUF and the Office of Student Life regarding ASUW History and ASUW Alumni activities.
- m. Complete other related tasks involving the Association not delineated in these Bylaws and as assigned by the ASUW President;