Design for 2007-2008
General Timeline (for any academic year)
- Mid-February - Announce Design Contest
- Last week of March - Design Contest Deadline
- Late April - Unveil the new year's t-shirt at UWAA’s Washington Weekend
- T-Shirts officially go on sale at the time of the unveiling
- Early May - Launch publicity campaign for the new year's shirt
Detailed Timeline for 06-07
- February 1, 2007 -- Scholarship Funds Acquired from OVPSL
- February 14, 2007 -- Formal Announcement for Design Competition
- March 27, 2007 -- Deadline for Design Competition
- March 30, 2007 -- Judgment of Entries
- April 2, 2007 -- Submit design to Kotis
- Want contracts with retailers for the year prepared by around this date. The language should already be available--just ask Rene.
- April 7, 2007 -- Order flyers for Washington Weekend
- Could have also ordered posters at this point
- April 24, 2007 -- Unveil Shirt at Student Senate prior to Washington Weekend
- April 25, 2007 -- Husky Tees officially go on sale
Design Competition Announcement
Deadline date: Tuesday, March 27th, 2007 at 5:00pm
The Associated Students of the University of Washington (ASUW) is searching for a T-shirt design that best embodies what it means to attend the University of Washington. UW has a rich tradition in student involvement, academics, athletics, and so much more; so there’s no shortage of ideas. The selected design will be featured on the first-ever Husky Tee, proceeds of which will be used to help provide support for students confronted with emergency situations. The Husky Tee will be sold at the University Bookstore, their website, and various UW events.
The selected designer will be awarded a $2,300 scholarship for spring quarter by the Office of the Vice Provost for Student Life, the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Academic Affairs, and the Office of the Vice President for Minority Affairs. The competition is open to all UW students—undergraduate, graduate, and professional.
Designs must be submitted by Tuesday, March 27th at 5pm. Designs can be submitted electronically to email@example.com with the subject line HUSKY TEE 2007, or in person at the ASUW office, located in HUB 104C. Students may submit multiple designs. Please consider the following for submissions:
- Design is needed for the front and back
- Design may use up to four colors
- T-shirt color recommendations
- Design must be sized to fit on a t-shirt and high-resolution (300dpi or above)
- Must be in .jpeg or .pdf format
- All designs must be accompanied by your name, UW Student ID #, a UW email address, and a phone number
The winner will be selected by Monday, April 2, 2007. The inaugural Husky Tee will be unveiled at the UW Alumni Association’s Washington Weekend (April 27th – 30th).
Special thanks to the Student Activities Office, Student Activities and Union Facilities, the Daily, the UW Alumni Association, the University Bookstore, the UW Foundation, the UW Office of Development, the Graduate and Professional Student Senate, the Office of the Vice Provost for Student Life, the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Academic Affairs, the Office of the Vice President for Minority Affairs, and every individual who has helped with this process.
Design Selection Advisory Committee
The Husky Tee Design Selection Advisory Committee (HTDSAC) was comprised of one representative from every major living and affinity group on campus, including:
- Commuter Caucus
- Student Advisory Board
- Panhellenic / IFC
- The Dawg Pack
- UW Alumni Association
- Will it sell to students and alumni?
- Error creating thumbnail: convert: unable to open image `/var/www/wiki/images/9/94/HuskyTee_FlyerFront2.jpg': @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2590.
convert: missing an image filename `/tmp/transform_123fb0c-1.jpg' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3011.
Washington Weekend Flyer, Front
- Error creating thumbnail: convert: unable to open image `/var/www/wiki/images/e/e4/HuskyTee_FlyerBack2.jpg': @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2590.
convert: missing an image filename `/tmp/transform_26a761f-1.jpg' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3011.
Washington Weekend Flyer, Back
The absolute most effective way to get the word out about the Husky Tee is through earned press. Student philanthropy is a great story, and it helps to sell a lot of shirts. Look to get something about the Husky Tee in the September issue of Columns magazine, and make sure to push it really big for Apple Cup. Apple Cup sales could make or break the Husky Tee project.
Dawg Den / Husky Headquarters
- [Jeff Scoma] Owner
Husky Team Shop
- [Terry Walcutt] Manager
University Book Store
Contracts made life tough for about a month. The ASUW has an exclusive contract with Kotis Design to produce the Husky Tee for the 2007-2008 academic year.
The ASUW will also sign a contract with multiple retailers, including:
- University Book Store
- The Husky Team Shop
- The Dawg Den
- Husky Headquarters