Welcome the the ASUW Wiki. Please contribute!
Find your position below, click on it, and get started. If you have a position not listed, please add it. If you have additional articles of information outside the positions and offices listed here, link them.
If you need some help getting started you can check out the following locations.
- Help:Contents Check out the local help pages. They're actually pretty ok.
- Sandbox Local "Sandbox" for trying your hand at this wiki thing.
- What is the ASUW?
Administration (Board of Directors)
- Vice President
- Personnel Director
- Finance & Budget Director
- Director of Community Relations
- Director of Operations
- Director of Diversity Efforts
- Director of Programming
- Director of Organizational Relations
- Director of Faculty, Administration and Academic Affairs
- Public Relations Coordinator
- Student Senate Chair
- Student Senate Vice-Chair
- Student Senate Membership Coordinator
- Student Senate Secretary
- EC Director
- EC Asst. Director
- EC Accountant
- EC Catalog Editor
- EC Facilities Coordinator
- EC Public Relations
- EC Webmaster
- EC Research Coordinator
- EC Office Assistant
ASUW appoints volunteers to all the committees delineated below. Some are open, while others require an interview with the Vice President and approval from the Board of Directors. Check our website for more detailed information.
- Govenance Committee
- Finance & Budget Committee
- Special Appropriations Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Judicial Committee
- Legislative Steering Committee
- Legislative Planning Committee
- Elections Administration Committee
- Publicity and Programming Committee
- Committee on Crime Prevention
- Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence Awareness
- Diversity Efforts Committee
- Committee on Corporate Repsonsibility
- Arts and Entertainment
- Radio Station Advisory Board
- Committee for Eating Disorder Awareness
(Non-ASUW) Student-Centered Committees
- Board of Student Publications
- Services and Activities Fee Committee
- Student Technology Fee
- Student Records Committee
- Architectural Commission
- Teaching Awards Selection Committee
- Student Counseling Center Advisory Committee
- Policy Advisory Board for the office of Minority Affairs
- Advisory Committee on Student Residences
- Institutional Animal Use and Care Committee
- Institutional Review Board (Human Subjects)
- University of Washington Committee on Accessibility
- Advisory Committee on Work/Life Issues
- Environmental Stewardship Advisory Committee
- Childcare/Student Parent Issues
Taskforces are temporary entities created to study something. At the end of a year they present their findings. The following year they may be renewed or begin the process of becoming ASUW committees. Their findings usually lead to a policy or structural change either in ASUW or the University's relationship to students and student services.