ASUW President is a challenging job; every day, you change roles in the blink of an eye. You are all at once an ambassador, statesman, entrepreneur, and executive. You must become knowledgeble in higher education, student development theory, accounting, managment, lobbying, husky sports, institutionalized racism, and a whatever weekly issue the Senate has just resolved for ASUW to support.
See ASUW Constitution and By-Laws.
- Overall management of ASUW business entities
- Oversee and execute political efforts at local, state, and federal levels
- Ensure wide and effective student participation in shared governance with faculty and administration.
- Participate and/or take leadership in essential university committees.
- Lobby in the state capitol for student issues including public testimony to House and Senate committees.
- Handle major public relations efforts with national and local press.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the Board of Regents
- Make public appearances and speeches at university and community events; attend these events to establish and maintain good relations