From ASUW Wiki
2011 ASUW Elections
The 2011 ASUW Elections for the 111th Session took place from May 9 to May 11 and sported two full tickets, a half ticket, and an independent candidate. This was the first election in which the Director of Communications was elected. 7,633 students voted in the elections, the highest voter turnout in over a decade. Finance & Budget Director Neil Rotta, OCHA Director Joseph Salama and Jono Hanks blogged about the election at http://www.asuwvoice.org.
- Imagine UW was headed by Dalia Amin
- Huskies United was headed by Conor McLean
- Our Future was headed by Office of Government Relations Assistant Director Andrew Lewis
- Student Senator Matthew P. Fitzgerald ran as an independent for the office of Director of Policy and Procedures
2010 ASUW Elections
The 2010 ASUW Elections for the 110th Session featured multiple tickets and contrasted with the uncompetitive 2009 Elections. OGR Director Jono Hanks blogged about the election at http://asuw2010.blogspot.com
Board Members From the 109th Session
- Vice President Madeleine McKenna was elected President
- Director of Programming Kyle Fuller ran for President
- Director of Community Relations Tunny Vann ran for a second term
- Senate Vice Chair Sarah Round was elected Director of Operations
- Director of Diversity Efforts Dalia Amin ran for Vice President
- Husky Nation was headed by Kyle Fuller
- OneCampus was headed by Madeleine McKenna
- Team Legacy was headed by La Raza Student Commission Director Jilberto Soto
- Vote Big was headed by Chris Teeney and featured former EAC Chair Shauna Stadnik as its Vice President candidate
- Student Senator Sam Martin ran as an independent for the office of President
2009 ASUW Elections
The 2009 ASUW Elections for the 109th Session featured ten registered candidates for the eight elected Board of Directors positions. Stephanie Adler, candidate for Director of Diversity Efforts withdrew from the race, leaving only the position of President contested, in which Timothy Mensing (UW United Ticket) defeated Director of Community Relations Gerald Corporal.
2008 ASUW Elections
The 2008 ASUW Elections for the 108th Session featured a relatively high turnout, high candidate participation, and multiple, serious election complaints (See: 2008 Controversy Over Proposed Ballot Measures).
2007 ASUW Elections
2006 ASUW Elections
In the 2006 ASUW Elections for the 106th Session, Director of Organizational Relations Cullen White (Husky Pride Ticket) defeated Director of Community Relations Hala Dillsi (AMPLIFY Ticket) in the race for President.