Committee on Student Safety
From ASUW Wiki
About the Committee on Student Safety
The Committee on Student Safety, formerly known as the Committee on Crime Prevention, is a standing committee of the Board of Directors, chaired by the Director of Community Relations. The Committee on Student Safety is tasked with the planning and implementation of campus crime prevention and student safety efforts.
There shall be eleven voting members, as follows:
- The Director of Community Relations, who shall serve as Chair;
- ASUW President or proxy;
- One representative of the ASUW Student Senate;
- One representative selected from each of the following groups:
- Panhellenic Association
- Interfraternity Council
- Residence Hall Student Association and
- Graduate and Professional Student Senate, and
- United Greek Councils
- Student Advisory Board for the Office of Minority Affairs and Diversity
- National Panhellenic Council
- Four students at-large, who shall be selected through the ASUW Governance process.
There shall be six ex-officio non-voting members, one selected from each of the following groups:
- Office of Vice Provost for Student Life;
- University of Washington Police Department;
- University of Washington Housing and Food Services
- ASUW Women's Action Commission;
- Committee Organizing Rape Education; and
- Student Activities Office Advisor.