Director of Communications
From ASUW Wiki
- Serve as the Board Liaison to the Experimental College, the Bike Shop, and Rainy Dawg Radio
- Serve as a member of the Finance and Budget Committee and the Personnel Committee
In the 110th session the Board of Directors reorganized the board of directors duties and positions. As a result, the duties of the Director of Organizational relations have shifted to other board members and the position is replaced with the Director of Communications
Associated Students of the University of Washington Director of Communications
Present: ""Brandon Himes "112th Session"
Sabrina Squires 111th Session
Associated Students of the University of Washington Director of Organizational Relations
Jonathan Yan 110th Session
Goals for 2010-2011
Improvement of Current Enterprises
- Improve the efficiency of ASUW enterprises by implementing new and enhancing existing financial systems (Budgeting Plans, Profit & Loss and Risk & Analysis)
- Further relationships with clubs and honor societies in the field of business to help ASUW entities face the challenge of HUB remodeling
- Fight to acquire a high definition radio signal and build a larger audience for Rainy Dawg Radio
- Work to ensure adequate funding of student organizations and enterprises
- Establish greater visibility of ASUW enterprises on campus through effective marketing and public outreach
- Increase awareness and ease the temporary transition of the enterprises to Condon Hall during HUB remodeling
- Utilize new technological channels (social networking, buzz marketing) to foster a stronger customer relationship
Maggie Bennett 109th Session
Goals for 2009-2010
- Audit and evaluate ASUW enterprises and hold them to the highest accountability by spending the summer reviewing the entities' financial and performance histories and working with their leadership to determine strengths, weaknesses and areas for growth or expansion.
- Coordinate with relevant board members to provide and facilitate open and effective communication between ASUW entities.
- Ensure that ASUW funds are being allocated appropriately and with the best interests of students in mind by tracking the performances of the ASUW entities and engaging with their leadership.
- Increase visibility and accessibility of ASUW enterprises in order to best serve all students through effective publicity and outreach.
- Help the ASUW entities begin to act like businesses, operating with long-term goals, budget plans and revenue forecasts.
BYLAWS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
ARTICLE I, SECTION V
Director of Organizational Relations, who shall:
- a. Act as Board of Directors Liaison to Off-Campus Housing Affairs, the Experimental College, the Bike Shop, and RainyDawg Radio;
- b. Serve as a member of the Finance and Budget Committee;
- c. Serve as a member of the Personnel Committee;
- d. Maintain the integrity of the Finance and Budget Committee and Personnel Committee on behalf of the voting membership of the Board of Directors;
- e. Act as a liaison between the Finance and Budget Committee and the Personnel Committee;
- f. Serve as a member of the Student Technology Fee Committee;
- g. Perform all necessary oversight of the Association’s enterprises;
- h. Meet regularly with the Personnel Director;
- i. Work with the Webmaster and Computer Technician to ensure all website and technological needs of the association are met and in a timely manner;
- j. Complete all other related tasks involving the Association not delineated in these Bylaws and as assigned by the ASUW President.
Current and Past Directors
- Brandon Himes, Director of Communications 2012-2013
- Sabrina Squires, Director of Communications 2011-2012
- Jonathan Yan, Director of Organizational Relations 2010-2011
- Maggie Bennett, Director of Organizational Relations 2009-2010
- Natalie Bankson, Director of Organizational Relations 2008-2009
- Rachel Hollcraft, Director of Organizational Relations 2007-2008
- Scott Robinson, Director of Organizational Relations 2006-2007
- Cullen White, Director of Organizational Relations 2005-2006
- Rachel Flynn, Director of Organizational Relations 2004-2005