From ASUW Wiki
|Error creating thumbnail: /var/www/wiki/bin/ulimit4.sh: line 4: /usr/bin/convert: No such file or directory|
Madeleine McKenna served as ASUW President for the 110th Session and Vice President for the 109th Session. She has previously served as UW Leaders Program Director, ASUW Ambassadors Co-Founder and Co-Director, and Legislative Steering Committee Member.
ASUW Ambassadors Co-Director
UW Leaders Program Director
ASUW Vice President for the 109th Session
Goals for 2009-2010
Make ASUW a stronger advocate for student voice
- Recruit proactive and qualified ASUW volunteers to monitor the university budget and use of student fees on ASUW, university, and faculty committees.
- Amplify the impact of students in university governance by providing continued support and leadership development opportunities for all current ASUW volunteers.
- Facilitate communication between ASUW volunteers, Student Senate, and the Board of Directors to make sure that all of the Association’s moving parts are working in tandem.
- Build a diverse applicant pool for ASUW volunteer positions and integrate historically marginalized communities within student government.
Make ASUW responsive, accountable, and relevant to the student body it serves
- Expand on existing projects to increase the transparency of the ASUW and increase student awareness about what ASUW is and what it does.
- Hold the ASUW accountable to its stated purpose and goals, as well as hold Board of Directors members accountable to campaign promises.
- Open ongoing lines of communication between ASUW and other student groups.
Empower and inspire an active student citizenry.
- Increase opportunities for volunteerism in the ASUW through new projects and programs such as ASUW Ambassadors, a new student government outreach program.
- Host forums to promote cross-campus collaboration and dialogue among student groups, including a student leadership summit.
- Foster a more caring, personal, and unified campus culture through such initiatives as a peer mentorship program for all incoming UW students.