Off-Campus Housing Affairs Assistant Director
From ASUW Wiki
TITLE: Off-Campus Housing Affairs Assistant Director
CATEGORY: ASUW Services
TERM: 34 weeks
HOURS: 15 Hours/Week
The Assistant Director is responsible for the internal operations of the Off-Campus Housing Affairs (OCHA) Office. The Assistant Director is also responsible for furthering the mission of OCHA, especially by serving as a resource and advocate for students, faculty, and staff with offcampus housing affairs. They should acquire all the necessary skills and knowledge to plan, organize, and direct the office with the goal of becoming the Director of the Off-Campus Housing Affairs.
1. Direct and ensure all internal office operations.
2. Oversee and ensure the review, revision, and approval of rental listings for content and legality by the Housing Services Coordinator.
3. Oversee and ensure the response to emails, faxes, voice mails, and mailings by the Housing Services Coordinator.
4. Act as Vice-Chair of the Off-Campus Housing Affairs Committee. Record minutes as needed.
5. Assist with revision and publication of the Husky Housing Handbook to Seattle’s housing market, if necessary.
6. Remain informed of the landlord/tenant rights and responsibilities, housing issues, and other related information in order to provide information to users.
7. Maintain and inform the OCHA Director and the Student Activities Office (SAO) advisor of office hours.
8. Coordinate publicity of office services and programs, and increase landlord and student awareness of the services.
9. Assist in evaluation of the office and its services.
10. Participate in quarterly evaluations with the Director.
11. Assist with quarterly programs on housing issues.
12. Review and adhere to conditions of employment as stated in the Student.
13. Employment Handbooks, ASUW Personnel Policy and signed Memorandum of Understanding.
14. Attend ASUW mandatory training sessions, including but not limited to the ASUW Fall Orientation.
15. Assist Director in the development of the annual Off-Campus Housing Affairs budget according to the guidelines established by the ASUW Finance and Budget Committee.
16. Other duties as assigned by the Director related to the operation of the office, including special projects.
17. Assist Director in the organization and oversight of an “Adopt an Area” program.
18. Assist Director with all workshops, presentations, tabling, newsletters, e-mails, etc.
19. Assist Director in compiling and distributing qualitative data regarding area rental properties and landlords.
20. Assist Director in training of office assistant, if required.
21. Participate in quarterly evaluations process with SAO advisor.
22. Sit in on interviews set by ASUW Personnel Committee for hiring of new Director, Assistant Director, and/or Housing Services Coordinator (if not reapplying), to assure continuity.
23. Assist Director in maintaining, organizing, and updating office files and records.
24. Assist Director in the preparation and submission of quarterly reports detailing activities, budget status, and problems/suggestions.
25. Facilitate the mail response service by sending information requested by students.
26. Respond to and send e-mails, faxes, and mailings.
27. Assist in filling out landlord evaluations.
A. Ability to organize and manage files.
B. Interest in and knowledge of housing and housing issues.
C. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
D. Ability to work with the public.
E. Knowledge of and ability to perform general office hours.
F. Must be a student enrolled in at least 6 undergraduate credits, 4 graduate credits, or as defined by Executive Order 50.