Legislative Steering Committee
The Legislative Steering Committee is the committee that writes and proposes the ASUW Legislative Agenda for each year.
- ASUW President
- ASUW Director of Policy & Procedures
- Two ASUW BOD members serving as liaisons to the Student Senate (typically, the Director of Community Relations and Director of University Affairs)
- ASUW Student Senate Vice-Chair
- 2 ASUW Student Senate Representatives (elected at-large by Student Senate)
- 4 at-large student representatives (appointed through the Open Selection Process)
- OGR Assistant Director, who shall serve as chair
- OGR Staff Members
- GPSS Representative
- SAO Adviser
Under the ASUW Constitution, the LSC's role is defined as follows:
"The Legislative Steering Committee shall:
- Write and propose an annual Legislative Agenda to be passed by both the Student Senate and the Board of Directors (BOD). The Legislative Agenda most recently approved by both the Student Senate and the BOD will be active until both the Student Senate and the BOD approve a new Legislative Agenda.
- Make recommendations to the Student Senate and BOD on current legislation affecting higher education;
- Coordinate the lobbying efforts of the ASUW within state, university, and ASUW guidelines;
- Interact with state and national student organizations dealing with issues of higher education; and
- Complete other projects as delegated by the BOD."