Sabrina Squires is serving as the Director of Communications for the 111th Session of the ASUW. Squires, who ran with the Huskies United ticket in the 2011 ASUW Elections, served as the Vice President of Service and Scholarship for the UW Panhellenic and is a member of Kappa Delta. She also has internship experience with Fox Sports (Dawgman.com) and KING 5 News.
Goals for 2011-2012 Engagement. Publicize ASUW in new and innovative ways.
- I will produce monthly videos for youtube.com to inform students on ASUW’s news, events, and opportunities.
- I will connect the campus community to ASUW and all its entities through facebook, twitter, and other blogging sites.
- I will meet with groups on campus to inform them on what ASUW is doing and learn what they want from ASUW.
- I will develop specialized messages to specific communities on campus.
- I will standardize the ASUW logo and branding to make the ASUW more visible.
Community. Help the campus community publicize its activities outside of campus.
- I will work alongside Director of Community Relations Desiree Hanssen to inform groups of ways ASUW can help them publicize by holding monthly meetings.
- I will establish a strong relationship with The Daily in order to better publicize different UW community events and news.
- I will constantly inform local news sources, including KING 5, KOMO 4, KIRO 7, and the Seattle Times, of the activities of UW students and groups.
Advocacy. Strengthen advocacy through publicity both on and off campus.
- I will work with the Board of Directors and the Office of Governmental Relations to keep students up to date on higher education developments in Olympia.
- I will publicize higher education advocacy opportunities, such as lobbying days and Bark Against Budget Cuts, to students to draw more students to these campaigns.
- I will communicate with campus and local media to publicize the efforts of UW students advocating for higher education.