Board of Directors
- President- Timothy Mensing
- Vice President- Madeleine McKenna
- Personnel Director- Jon Solomon
- Finance & Budget Director- Conor McLean
- Director of Community Relations- Tunny Vann
- Director of Operations- Ehsan Aleaziz
- Director of Diversity Efforts- Dalia Amin
- Director of Programming- Kyle Fuller
- Director of Organizational Relations- Maggie Bennett
- Director of Faculty, Administration and Academic Affairs- Jason Padvorac
- Student Senate Vice-Chair- Sarah Round
- Graduate and Professional Student Senate Secretary- Lindsay Morse
Summary of Important Board Actions
For more comprehensive information, see the Quarterly Reports below.
- The Board of Directors worked with the Office of Government Relations to create the Political Action Network, which helped ASUW in their lobbying efforts during an especially difficult supplemental budget year. The Board also reinstated the position of Legislative Coordinator within OGR for that year.
- The Board created the ASUW Ambassadors Program, following up on a Task Force report from the 108th Session.
- The Board authorized the Experimental College to use radio advertising.
- In preparation for the move from the HUB to Condon Hall during the HUB's remodel, Board members chaired various committees intended to assist with various aspects of the transition.
- Director of Community Relations Tunny Vann renamed and revived the Committee on Student Safety, and used it to respond to rising perceptions of crime in the U-District.
- The Board focused much of its energy on legislative issues during the legislative session. Board members and OGR staff met with the administration, including President Mark Emmert to attempt to reach a compromise on a tuition bill, but failed to do so. Ultimately, no bill passed out of the legislature, but UW received a 6% budget cut.
- The Open Selection Process was added to the Bylaws instead of being up for approval every year. Committee Chairs were given the responsibility of appointing their members, rather than the Vice President.
- An amendment to the ASUW Constitution was proposed that would enable the Governance Committee to draft an ASUW University Agenda similar to the Legislative Agenda used for lobbying in Olympia. The Committee had been inactive for several years.
- The Husky Pride Fund reached endowment level.
The Board of Directors instituted a new type of Task Force within the ASUW Bylaws, Section 9 called an Ongoing Student Interest Task Force. This new committee is better able to carry on from year-to year and are considered semi-permanent. They include:
- Textbook Affordability
- Communication Strategy
- Alumni Relations
The Board also created a Task Force to look into the creation of a Food Co-op as an ASUW Enterprise, chaired by Director of Organizational Relations Maggie Bennett and the Husky Creed Implementation Task Force, chaired by Director of Community Relations Tunny Vann.