This committee assists the Finance and Budget Director in preparing the annual budget for the ASUW.
During the year, the committee is responsible for reviewing funding requests from entities; in particular, they look over capital expenditure requests and make recommendations on these to the Board of Directors during budget deliberations. They may also look over line-item transfers in entity budgets (upon request). Of course, the main function of the committee is to prepare a recommended budget to the Board of Directors by the end of winter quarter.
ASUW Constitution, ARTICLE XI
SECTION 7: PERSONNEL COMMITTEE
- A. Membership.
- 1. There shall be nine student members as follows:
- a. ASUW Personnel Director, who shall act as Chair;
- b. ASUW President or proxy;
- c. One BOD member, who shall also serve as a member of the Finance and Budget Committee;
- d. One member of the Student Senate;
- e. One ASUW employee; and
- f. Four students selected at-large. During Spring quarter only, two additional students at-large shall serve, bringing the membership of the Personnel Committee to eleven.
- 2. A representative of the Student Activities Office shall be member without vote.
- B. Functions.
- The functions of the Personnel Committee shall be to:
- 1. Recommend salary guidelines to the Finance and Budget Committee for submission to the Board of Directors;
- 2. Recommend ASUW personnel policies to the Board of Directors; and
- 3. Serve as a grievance committee to the Board of Directors for all personnel grievances brought by the ASUW.