Student Senate Chair
Student Senate Bylaws Article III: Officers
SECTION 2. SENATE CHAIR
- A. Compensation
- 1. No stipend shall be drawn during the Summer Quarter.
- 2. During Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarters, the Chair shall draw a stipend totaling $4,403.
- B. Duties & Responsibilities
- 1. The Chair shall complete the following tasks on a weekly basis:
- (i) hold a minimum of seven (7) office hours outside of meetings;
- (ii) convene and chair meetings of the Senate;
- (iii) convene and chair meetings of the Steering Committee;
- (iv) establish the agenda for each Senate meeting, subject to the approval of the Steering Committee;
- (v) notify all Senators of meetings and other relevant information through the use of the Senate e-mail list;
- (vi) prepare and deliver a weekly Chair's report to the Senate; and
- (vii) appoint Senators to Standing Committees, subject to the approval of the Steering Committee.
- 2. The Chair shall complete the following tasks at least twice per quarter:
- (i) meet with each Standing Committee Chair to discuss responsibilities and evaluate performance;
- (ii) conduct Senate Officer reviews; and
- (iii) maintain budget records.
- 3. The Chair shall complete the following tasks on a quarterly basis:
- (i) prepare an Entity Report for the ASUW Board of Directors ("Board");
- (ii) schedule a regular time and day for Steering Committee meetings;
- (iii) coordinate efforts to maintain the Senate website;
- (iv) meet with each Senate liaison to discuss responsibilities and evaluate performance; and
- (v) conduct goal-setting sessions with other Senate Officers.
- 4. The Chair shall attend to the following general responsibilities during the entire term:
- (i) follow all Senate Bylaws and Rules;
- (ii) seek effective follow-through on Resolutions that have been approved by the Senate;
- (iii) ensure and assist in the completion of all Senate responsibilities;
- (iv) ensure the general fairness of Senate;
- (v) serve as the primary spokesperson for the Senate;
- (vi) schedule all Senate meetings before the start of Fall Quarter for the upcoming session;
- (vii) update the Senate Handbook over the summer for the upcoming session;
- (viii) train Committee Chairs as necessary;
- (ix) train the incoming officers following their election; and
- (x) attend ASUW training and orientation.
Current and Past Senate Chairs
Ada Waelder, 2012-13 - Session 19
Michelle Nance, 2011-2012 - Session 18
Bryan Dosono, 2010-2011 - Session 17
Jed Bradley, 2009-2010 - Session 16
Jon Solomon, 2008-2009 - Session 15
Shawn Fisher, 2007-2008 - Session 14
Hala Dillsi, 2006-2007 - Session 13
Alex Kim, 2005-2006 - Session 12
Zachary Tobin, 2004-2005 - Session 11
Cammie L. Croft, 2003-2004 - Session 10
Sean Kellogg, 2002-2003 - Session 9